This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
New Tab Thumbnails set to home page
Is there any way to set the new tab thumbnails to be my home page?
I frequent many sites, and it would be easier to have that 3x3 grid as my home rather than just a single page...
Anyone know a way to do this?
All Replies (1)
Provided you have no Add-ons that change/have changed your home page, set your home page Firefox button > Options > Options (or Tools > Options) > General, then
- When Firefox starts set to "Show my home page"
- Home page set to about:newtab
Preferences that affect the New Tab Page (found through about:config); check the settings if the above does not work for you:
- browser.newtab.url --> Default setting: about:newtab
- browser.newtabpage.enabled --> Default setting: true
- See --> http://kb.mozillazine.org/About:config
When you start Firefox, the New Tab Page should be displayed as your home page.
- How to set your home page --> https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/How%20to%20set%20the%20home%20page
- New Tab Page --> https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/new-tab-page-show-hide-and-customize-top-sites
- Also see --> https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/thumbnails-on-new-tab-page-are-missing
- NOTE: Changes are stored in the chromeappsstore.sqlite file in the Firefox Profile Folder under the pinnedLinks key and blockedLinks key, so make sure that you keep that file. So protect that file (do not delete) and include in your backup(s).
If this reply solves your problem, please click "Solved It" next to this reply when signed-in to the forum.
Modified by SafeBrowser