how do i block all popups
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
I installed Firefox.
- Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.3
- Google Update
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Npdsplay dll
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:12.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/12.0
There are details on the settings for Firefox blocker here: Pop-up blocker settings, exceptions and troubleshooting.
You might want to have a look at this add-on to extend the functionality: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fire.../adblock-plus-pop-up-addon/
Thanks for your reply. I took a look at both things. The first thing I already looked at and followed all directions and AFAIC Firefox's pop-up blocker just doesn't work. Second, it looks like Ad Block Plus requires you to blacklist sites one at a time whose pop-ups you do not want to see. I don't want to get involved with black lists, white lists, etc. I just want to block ALL pop-ups. Microsoft apparently knows how to do it with its pop-up blocker in IE8 (I've never used IE9 so can't tell you about that) with the "High" setting. This setting blocks ALL pop-ups and doesn't interfere with other scripting. Surely something like this must be available for Firefox. Isn't there?
I've had real goo luck with with this one
Stay away from the newer version 3.6, it's a pain like newer versions of FF. I'm running FF 9.0.1 after increasing problems with 10 and worse with 11
Modified by Mike
I agree with MikeWilson. Adblock plus has some great functionality. There are lists set up already so you don't have to block things individually. Although you can if you like.