I've loaded and ran the Firefox 12 update by everytime I open my Gmail account it says I need to update to the latest version. I've tried re loading three times
I've recently upgraded to Firefox 12 and every time I open gmail it says I need to upgrade to a newer version. I've reloaded 3 times already and it still happens. What gives?
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
I upgraded to firefox12
- Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202
- Version 188.8.131.5230
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.15
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.1"
- Google Update
- Facebook Video Calling Plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_31 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- Office Live Update v1.5
- Cooliris embedded in a tab
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- My Web Search Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- Yahoo! activeX Plug-in Bridge
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20110319 BTRS26718 Dealio Toolbar 3.1 Firefox/3.6.16 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729) FBSMTWB
Your User Agent shows that your are using Firefox 3.6.16 (click "More system details" to the right of your original question and scroll down to see:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20110319 BTRS26718 Dealio Toolbar 3.1 Firefox/3.6.16 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729) FBSMTWB
The problem with your User Agent being changed could be caused by Fast Browser Search (FBSMTWB) being installed on your system:
Remove Fast Browser Search
THEN, reset your User Agent:
- See either of the following:
- Also see --> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_Agent
If this reply solves your problem, please click "Solved It" next to this reply when signed-in to the forum.
Not related to your question, but...
You may need to update some plug-ins. Check your plug-ins and update as necessary:
- Plug-in check --> http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/plugincheck/
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in: Installing (or Updating) the Shockwave plugin with Firefox
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape: Installing/Updating Adobe Reader in Firefox
- Shockwave Flash (Adobe Flash or Flash): Updating Flash in Firefox
- Next Generation Java Plug-in for Mozilla browsers: Installing or Updating Java in Firefox