Your firefox profile cannot be loaded. It may be missing or inaccessible.
There is an unusual problem that keeps cropping up with firefox 11.0. I am running Ubuntu 11.10 with an encrypted hard drive and for some strange reason firefox cannot be loaded. I keep receiving the Your firefox profile cannot be loaded. It may be missing or inaccessible. Error message.
I have gone in through the profile manager, deleted, and created a new profile. That didn't work. Then I tried uninstalling and reinstalling firefox, no luck. I even tried changing the location of the profile folder with a brand new profile, that didn't work either.
The strangest thing of all is, is that I can still use and load up firefox, but only if I open up a terminal to type in sudo firefox. Then it loads up with no problem, but that is the only way I can get it to load without the error message.
This is an unusual firefox bug I have never encountered before and I have no clue as to how to fix it. Any help fixing this problem will be extraordinarily appreciated. Take care, stay amazing, and have a wonderful day.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
- Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202
- This plugin provides integration with Cinnamon for live extension enabling and disabling. It can be used only by extensions.gnome.org
- This plugin provides integration with Gnome Shell for live extension enabling and disabling. It can be used only by extensions.gnome.org
- The IcedTea-Web Plugin executes Java applets.
- DivX Web Player version 220.127.116.11
- The Totem 3.0.1 plugin handles video and audio streams.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux i686; rv:11.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/11.0
The Ubuntu Forums would also be very helpful.