Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Archived

Opening new firefox like a popup

Spelljack

Hello,

I am developing a intranet for my company and I need a firefox shortcut on desktop that opens with no-tabs, no-url bar, no-favourites, just the given URL. like a popup.

Is there any command-line options, or other solution to this? I tried: "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -safe-mode -new-window "http://localhost" on shortcut but I want to disable tabs, firefox button, url-bar, favourites etc.

Hello, I am developing a intranet for my company and I need a firefox shortcut on desktop that opens with no-tabs, no-url bar, no-favourites, just the given URL. like a popup. Is there any command-line options, or other solution to this? I tried: "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -safe-mode -new-window "http://localhost" on shortcut but I want to disable tabs, firefox button, url-bar, favourites etc.

All Replies (1)

Hi,

You can try to get a similar functionality with Real Kiosk.. Please also go through the ratings, reviews and FAQs. There could also be many similar add-ons.