firefox always on top, can't alt-tab to other open windows/apps
I have updated to 11.0, windows vista. I didn't notice or have this problem before the update. for example if I have firefox open and click on my calculator, the only way I can see it is to minimize firefox. I cannot alt-tab to it nor can I click the icon in my status bar of windows.??? I have looked through the settings, I didn't see an always on top option, but that's what it seems like.
Any and all info will be appreciated.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
noticed 2 days ago, updated to 11.0 a few days ago
- Version 18.104.22.16819
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.15
- Shockwave Flash 11.1 r102
- Nitro PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Google Update
- LogMeIn, Inc. Remote Access Components
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.2
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- Logitech Device Detection
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_22 for Mozilla browsers
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- DivX Web Player version 22.214.171.124
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:11.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/11.0
Make sure that you do not run Firefox in full screen mode (press F11 or Fn + F11 to toggle; Mac: command+Shift+F).
I hit f11, it went full screen, I hit f11 again and it returned to normal and now all works normally when alt-tab to other apps. I'm not sure what happened, but it's working :) I appreciate the help!
When I restarted in safe mode, the firefox window was no longer stuck on top. Restarted again (firefox was set to "show my windows and tabs from last time" for both restarts) in regular mode and it stayed fixed. Maybe just a restart where "show my windows and tabs from last time" is firefox start up setting would fix stuck on top problem?