GPO for Firefox
Can I control the Firefox setting via a GPO
In my my organization nearly 500 Employees are there.I had checked the GPOforFirefox addon its good, it will hide the settings like Network (Proxy & Other settings), but the issue is users can easily disable / uninstall the addons. Please help me on this topic..
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.1 r102
- Version 18.104.22.16865
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.15
- Google Update
- Facebook Video Calling Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_29 for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.1
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 105
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Npdsplay dll
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:10.0.2) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/10.0.2
Sorry I do not know the not know the answer, and the topic is not discussed much on this forum but see thread /questions/859507 which includes links to
- Using the Certificate Database Tool https://www.mozilla.org/projects/security/pki/nss/tools/certutil.html
- ( presumably the add-on ishttps://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/gpo-for-firefox/ )
There are also some hacks to modify firefox so that some menu items are not obvious. You may also be interested in the Private Browsing options.
- and a developer's blog http://blog.gerv.net/2012/02/disabling-private-browsing-mode-in-firefox/
Presumably you are aware of Firefox ESR see https://wiki.mozilla.org/Enterprise#How_to_Participate_and_Post
Modified by John99
Hi John / Experts,
Thanks for your information.
I just want to hide the setting, as showed in the attached image. Please help me with brief explanation
Hi Experts & John,
If i installed this GPOforfirefox add on, the user can easily disable / uninstall. The hidden settings i need to deploy from GP.
Sorry I do not use that add-on and do not know the answer.
I am guessing there will be a Chrome hack that will stop the option displaying. Today being Sumo Day you may get an answer from someone else.
Alternatively try posting on one of the mozillazine forums, they do routinely answer questions on Hacks and add-ons.
Thanks for your support.
Please post any the tool, if you got.....