when i click on "open a new tab" sign page open with "http://www.searchnu.com/406?tag=newtab" but i want blank page when i click new tab
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- Shockwave Flash 11.1 r102
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 220.127.116.11
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Npdsplay dll
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:8.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/8.0.1
Do a malware check with some malware scan programs. You need to scan with all programs because each program detects different malware. Make sure that you update each program to get the latest version of the database before doing a scan.
- http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php - Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- http://www.superantispyware.com/ - SuperAntispyware
- http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/defender/default.mspx - Windows Defender: Home Page
- http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html - Spybot Search & Destroy
- http://www.lavasoft.com/products/ad_aware_free.php - Ad-Aware Free
See also "Spyware on Windows": http://kb.mozillazine.org/Popups_not_blocked and What to do when searches take you to the wrong search website
See also these related threads and pages about searchqu:
Go to "additions" (under Firefox at top left in your browser (the puzzle brick)) and then under "extensions" (also the puzzle brick) -- here there is something called "DataMngr", deactivate that one!!
It worked for me ^^
I would try Lirasa's solution, but no "additions" to see under Firefox at top left. I use the 13.0 version. Thks
I think Lirasa meant add-ons
Thank you Tylerdowner, but no DataMngr in the "extensions". However I found a very helpful tutorial that did it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=UO70vu_1p6g&feature=endscreen
See these threads and pages about searchqu/searchnu:
Go to program files find folder searchnu, open and uninstall
enter "about:config" answer "ill be careful" to warning
right click and toggle value to false.
You'll have a BLANK 'new tab', but the stupid puzzle squares still will let you 'turn it on' and show everyone your browsing history!
Worst 'enhancement' yet! GET RID OF IT, mozilla!
Modified by techrat
Changing the browser.newtabpage.enabled pref has the same effect as clicking the grid icon on the about:newtab page and doesn't actually disable the about:newtab page, but merely hide it.
It is better to set the browser.newtab.url pref to about:blank
yeah now it works to me too.thanks a lot