Why aren't videos playing after Flash update?
I installed the newest flash update and everything seems to be working fine at first. After installing it, I start up firefox and go test to see if a youtube video plays. Well, it does and everything seems fine. But, once I close FF and start it up again and try to go play a video on youtube, then it won't play. If I go an install the flash player again, I go back through the whole cycle of......install flash--->viedos work---> close firefox--->open FF up again--->videos don't work.
I've searched everywhere and can't find an answer. Flash and videos work perfectly fin on Chrome and IE. Can anyone tell me whats going on here?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.1 r102
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_31 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 22.214.171.1244
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.2
- Version 126.96.36.19951
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.14
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- Office Live Update v1.5
- DivX Web Player version 188.8.131.52
- The Hulu Desktop Plugin allows Hulu.com to integrate with the Hulu Desktop application.
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Yahoo! activeX Plug-in Bridge
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:10.0.2) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/10.0.2
Yep. I tried all of that. The problem is that it videos work for a little while, like after I restart my computer but it eventually stops working again. I've got all the plug-ins updated and have installed and uninstalled flash tons of times. Always the same thing, it works for a little while and then stops after I close FF. I think I'm just going switch back to chrome. Hopefully this gets fixed by itself in some update. Thanks for your help.
Start Firefox in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance/Themes).
- Don't make any changes on the Safe mode start window.