Cannot get sound when I try to listen to Radio
When I try to listen to Radio programmes on the computer, although the 'box' comes up and seems to be working, there is no sound, and no indication that the sound is connected on the bar. I can listen with no trouble on Internet Explorer but I prefer Mozilla Firefox. This problem has only arisen within the last week, starting mid-morning on Monday 6 February.
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 11.1 r102
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.0"
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Motive Plugin for Mozilla Browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_26 for Mozilla browsers
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:10.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/10.0
It could be a couple of things. You might have accidentally muted audio for Firefox. The article Knowledge Base article What to do if Firefox won't play any sounds will show you how to check.
If that doesn't work, you should look at Fix common audio and video issues. This will show you how to troubleshoot any plugin/extension issues that might be impacting your system.
Hopefully this helps!