downloaded firefox version 10.0 and it does nt open well on my mac book 10.5.8. I want to revert to how things were before firefox invited em to upgrade
As I the question says, things were fine before I recently upgraded firefox as instructed. Now I want to return to a firefox that works better on my older macbook that is running mac os 10.5.8
Please can you help, it crashes eveytime I activate firefox, saying something like, there is a problem with the provider. it really goes slow and does not like it. I usually force quit and start again and it works, but this is unsatisfactory.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
Since upgarding firefox 10
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.14
- Version 220.127.116.1151
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- Java Plug-In 2 for NPAPI Browsers
- Office Live Update v1.0
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; rv:10.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/10.0
The problem is likely bug 711564 which is related to the Flip4Mac WMV Plugin (to be fixed in Firefox 11). You can disable the Flip4Mac plugin in your Firefox Add-ons Manager, to see if that resolves the problem. Otherwise, you can remove Firefox 10 and revert back to Firefox 3.6.xxx until Firefox 11 is released, which should be in around 6 weeks.
- Firefox 3.6.xx: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all-older.html
If you are adventurous, you could try Firefox 11 Beta now: