Had uninstalled alot, but alot powered by google has replaced yahoo on my firefox home page.
Downloaded alot while downloading vlc media player. Uninstalled alot, I thought. Now alot powered by goggle has replaced yahoo on my firefox home page. I want to get rid of alot altogether. Thank you.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.1 r102
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Picasa plugin
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Yahoo! activeX Plug-in Bridge
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:10.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/10.0
You should take a look at the Knowledge Base article How to set the home page.
There are steps in that article to reset your homepage preferences to default. I would try that first to clear out any strangeness. If that works, you can try setting your homepage again to your personal preference.
If that doesn't work you should look at the article Preferences not saved.
Finally, your issue may be because you've been hit with some Malware.
Hopefully this helps!