I type www.whatever.com hit enter nothing happens but okay earlier.
No matter what is in "whatever" space, when enter is hit, nothing happens. It is okay with Explorer. I can use search okay. I can't do gmail.google.com and enter. I can search for gmail and log in that way. Regular bookmarks work okay. If I change anything in bar after at a site, like if I am at usatoday.com via a bookmark and type-over so it says miamiherald.com and hit enter, nothing happens. My 'enter' key works in documents and at sites I get to through bookmarks or search. This is after Firefox did an update this morning. Nothing has changed in my OS or ISP. AVG is anti-virus.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
Firefox auto-update this morning, PC turned off, this afternoon is a problem
- Shockwave Flash 11.1 r102
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_30 for Mozilla browsers
- Foxit Reader Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Office Live Update v1.5
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:10.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/10.0
Have you tried starting Firefox in Safe Mode? Hold down "shift" while Firefox is starting up. It might be related to an extension. Then you should read Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems.
Hopefully this helps!
Modified by Matt_G