I have updated to the latest version of firefox, but it won;t work. I type something in the box, press search, and nothing happens. it worked fine before the update
After updating the search doesnt work. I can use the google search at the top of the screen, but hte main box in the middle of the screen does nothing.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
I upgraded to the latest version of firefox a few days ago
- Shockwave Flash 11.1 r102
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_30 for Mozilla browsers
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- McAfee MSC FF plugin DLL
- Picasa plugin
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:10.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/10.0
Perform the suggestions mentioned in the following articles:
- Clear Cookies & Cache
- Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems
- Update All your Firefox Plugins -> https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/plugincheck/
- When Downloading Plugins Update setup files, Remove Checkmark from Downloading other Optional Softwares with your Plugins (e.g. Toolbars, McAfee, Google Chrome, etc.)
Check and tell if its working.