I installed Firefox 10 because what I was using would not respond. Everything worked fine, except when I compose mail in Yahoo, all words are underlined red. This does not happen w/ Safari. Yahoo was not able to solve this.
No further details beyond my question above, but when I composed this message, all words were undertlined red! Numbers like 100 or times like 10:30 are not underlined!
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
I installed Firefox 10.0
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r82
- Java Plug-In 2 for NPAPI Browsers
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- Office Live Update v1.0
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; rv:10.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/10.0
Do you have a dictionary installed and selected?
- You can see which dictionary is selected if you right-click in a text area and open the Languages submenu.
- Open the "Add Dictionaries" link to install a dictionary if you do not have one.
- Make sure that [X] "Check Spelling" in the right-click context menu is check-marked.
You can enable or disable spell checking globally:
- Firefox > Preferences > Advanced : General: Browsing: "Check my spelling as I type"
You can look here for dictionaries: