should firefox download yahoo.ca from l1.yimg.com as shown on opening bar
when Firefox opens a new website an alternate download information address is displayed rather than opening directly from requested site. (ie) When want to open yahoo.ca it gives in the lower info bar " transferring information from l1.yimg.com and then opens yahoo.ca. When going to other sites it always gives a strange notice that it is gathering information from a weird site before opening the actual requested page. Should this be of concern. It does not happen using windows ie8. My system has been in for a complete cleanup and overhaul recently. Thanks
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.2
- Shockwave Flash 11.1 r102
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_29 for Mozilla browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Npdsplay dll
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:9.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/9.0.1
Many web pages download resources from several different servers, including CDNs and advertising networks. This is normal and should not be a cause for concern.
i also experience the same thing... while transferring data from yimg.com firefox hang for a long time!!! any solution for this?
Clear the cache and the cookies from sites that cause problems.
"Clear the Cache":
- Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Offline Storage (Cache): "Clear Now"
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
- Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance/Themes).
- Don't make any changes on the Safe mode start window.
cor-el, I do that also but still the same. also try to uninstall and removed mozilla folder and reinstall again but still the same problem... very slow specially when i open yahoo.com. I have no problem with other browser except for Firefox.