This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
firefox 9.0.1 is a corrupt download from all of the download sites.
firefox 9.0.1 is a corrupt download from all of the download sites. i tried to upgrade from 8.0.1 on the firefox browser itself but after the download was done it said that it could not verify the download so i tried to download a new copy but when double clicking on the firefox setup 9..0.1. exe my pc says that it is a corrupt file.
Temporarily turn off your anti-virus program only long enough to download Firefox.Read this answer in context 👍 1
All Replies (4)
I am not using XP at the moment, but do not remember it natively having facilities to report corrupt downloads, so I am wondering what is generating the error message.
- Which country are you in ?
- What sort of connection are you using, is it a slow dial-up ?
- have you tried the generic getfirefox.com for downloads ?
- if you are unable to use the ordinary update you could try just downloading and installing Firefox 9
- see How to install Firefox on Windows
- also How to fix the Update Failed error message when updating Firefox & Update Firefox to the latest release
If necessary it is possible to download from ftp & use the hash to confirm that the download is ok but first of all just try as above.
hi john99, im from the philippines. using a 1mbps broadband connection. yes i have tried getfirefox.com i can not download and install firefox 9.0.1 because as i have said it is a corrupt download ftp://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/9.0.1/win32/en-US/Firefox%20Setup%209.0.1.exe still is a corrupt file.
Temporarily turn off your anti-virus program only long enough to download Firefox.
Hi the-edmeister, this seems to be the answer. tnx. i would also like to thank john99 of course.