What is URL address for Mozilla Firefox start page
When I click on Bookmarks, then scroll down to Mozilla Firefox Start Page and click on this, I receive this notice: "URL is not valid and cannot be reloaded." When I go to History section "Restore Previous Session" is not "highlighted". How do I "reload the URL for the Start Page??????
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
Yesterday after Firefox opened with new session
- Shockwave Flash 11.1 r102
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_29 for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 8.3.1
- McAfee MSC FF plugin DLL
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Yahoo! activeX Plug-in Bridge
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:9.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/9.0.1
None have helped.
Firefox default home page
If you are referring to the Google/Firefox home page with the Google search, a new version has been built-in to Firefox; it appears that Google is no longer maintaining their old page since the new built-in version is available in Firefox.
To get the new built-in default home page, change your home page to about:home
EDIT (Added): You can also type about:home in a blank tab to get the new page; you can then Bookmark that page, if you wish.
Restore Previous Session
- Be sure that you are saving history:
- Options > Privacy > [X] Remember my browsing history
- See --> https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/Options%20window%20-%20Privacy%20panel
- Be sure that you are not in Private Browsing and do not automatically start in Private Browsing
- Be sure not to clear history when using Clear Recent History or when exiting/closing Firefox
If this reply solves your problem, please click "Solved It" next to this reply when signed-in to the forum.
Not related to your question, but...
You may need to update some plug-ins. Check your plug-ins and update as necessary:
- Plug-in check --> http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/plugincheck/
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in: Installing (or Updating) the Shockwave plugin with Firefox
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape: Installing/Updating Adobe Reader in Firefox
- Shockwave Flash (Adobe Flash or Flash): Updating Flash in Firefox
- Next Generation Java Plug-in for Mozilla browsers: Installing or Updating Java in Firefox
Modified by SafeBrowser