Firefox 9.0.1 freezes on a frequent basis when I use tabbed browsing. I click and drag links to the toolbar (as a new tab) and it freezes when I try to release it. Firefox becomes unresponsive at this point. If I wait, it can take, anywhere from 10 seconds to much longer for Firefox to return to a usable state. This problem happens frequently enough that it has become a nuisance. I have noticed this problem on both Windows 7 and 8 (64 bit). Is there a fix?
Additional System Details
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.2.0 for Mozilla browsers
- Picasa plugin
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.1
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- Citrix ICA Client Plugin (Win32)
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r12
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.2; WOW64; rv:9.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/9.0.1
Start Firefox in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox (Tools) > Add-ons > Appearance/Themes).
- Don't make any changes on the Safe mode start window.
A possible cause is a problem with the file places.sqlite that stores the bookmarks and the history.