download complete binery file executed but still showing old version of start page
I have been having this problem for a while, I update with the newer version of Mozilla firefox, 9.0.1 executable file, download the file, execute the binery file, run the update, when all is complete firefox asks to open the start page and the old firefox start page is still showing telling me that my version is no longer supported by google
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
about six months ago
- Shockwave Flash 11.1 r102
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_29 for Mozilla browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Npdsplay dll
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe Acrobat Plug-In Version 7.00 for Netscape
- Macromedia Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 10.1
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20091102 Firefox/3.5.5
I have cut and pasted the message on my start page below
Your version of Firefox is no longer protected against online attacks.
Get the upgrade - it’s fast and free!
If you have install 9.0.1 version, you have useragent problem, because your useragent tell us that you have 3.5.5 version (Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20091102 Firefox/3.5.5 ).
check the version in Help then About firefox, if you have 9.0.1 see how to fix user agent: in Websites or add-ons incorrectly report incompatible browser find Reset your user agent and follow the steps.
Please mark "Solved" the answer that really solve the problem, to help others with a similar problem.
Thank you so much for your reply and I followed your instructions as detailed, I still have a problem, I have copied the useragent field as I think something is not right but I don't know what to replace it with:
general.useragent.compatMode.firefox;false general.useragent.locale;en-GB I have checked the version of Firefox for XP and that is showing 9.0.1 as being current but I am still getting the message on my main home page as follows:
You're not on the latest version of Firefox. Upgrade today to get the best of the Web!
About Mozilla - Firefox Support What do I need to change , becasue i'm sure it's something to do with the user agent?
FOR : "You're not on the latest version of Firefox. Upgrade today to get the best of the Web! "
all you have to do is to set another page as the home page, see why is that in cor-el reply here .