unable to play streaming videos, best example is streaming porn videos from sites like video one, xhamster, wood rrom etc, no error message just blank where the video loads.works fine in IE
I have no problem in watching videos online, but recently I am not able to play them, it is just blank where the video used to load.Can watch youtube videos, the same streaming videos work fine in IE, also I have installed latest firefox.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
- Google Update
- Version 22.214.171.124
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.5
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 126.96.36.199
- Foxit Reader Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Album Plugin Utility Module
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Npdsplay dll
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Shockwave Flash 8.0 r22
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:9.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/9.0.1
There are 2 versions of Adobe Flash:
- an ActiveX version for IE only
- a Plugin version for most other browsers including Firefox
- On a Windows system, you should always update both individually.
You have a very old version installed for Firefox (Shockwave Flash 8.0 r22). Look in Add-ons > Plugins and see "Shockwave Flash (version)". Update that old version to see if it resolves your problem.
Check your Plugins often --> http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/plugincheck/
- only the most popular/used Plugins are known by this page
- page will detect only installed, enabled Plugins
Install or update Adobe Flash
- Using Firefox, go to the following link and SAVE the download to your desktop so you can find it later. Un-check any items on that page that you do not want to download (i.e., "McAfee Security Scan Plus":
- When the download is finished, close Firefox (File > Exit OR Firefox button > Exit)
- Click or double-click on the file you just saved to your desktop
- In the installation window that appears, click the box to the left of "I have read and...." to place a check mark in the box
- The "Install" button in the lower right corner will now be highlighted, click it.
- The installation is quick.
- Start Firefox and test your installation here: https://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/
- To update/install the ActiveX version for IE only, repeat the process, but use IE to go to the above website.
If this reply solves your problem, please click "Solved It" next to this reply when signed-in to the forum.