Please fix this bug below. Firefox 9.01 crashing every 15-30 minutes.
Nothing seems to fix this problem. I have the option to loading FF6 or waiting until a solution if found. In the meantime I'm using chrome because FF9.0.1 locks up before I am able to post a reply here.Read this answer in context 0
Additional System Details
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.1.0 for Mozilla browsers
- Shockwave Flash 11.1 r102
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 188.8.131.523
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- IE Tab 2 Plug-in for Mozilla/Firefox
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:9.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/9.0.1
Does it help if you disable the JIT compiler?
You can try to disable other jit prefs a well as a test.
Hi! I just changed both
to false. No crashing in one hour. Thank you so much!
By the way is it solution ? I'm not sure.
It shouldn't be necessary to disable the JIT compiler.
Did you try to disable only one of them to see if chrome or (web)content is causing it?
If disabling works then you most likely suffer from a bug.
If you can provide specific steps (STR) to reproduce that crash (i.e. it happens on a specific website) then you can try to file a bug report to see if anything comes up. Without such steps and if no one can reproduce the crash then chances are very low. You can find a link to the crash report page (Bugzilla - Report this Crash).
Modified by cor-el
I was very frustrated because whatever the bug is in my firefox install is, it was causing my computer to lock up sometimes. However, after applying this fix I am now a happy camper. Firefox is now humming along!
Nothing seems to fix this problem. I have the option to loading FF6 or waiting until a solution if found. In the meantime I'm using chrome because FF9.0.1 locks up before I am able to post a reply here.
Chrome ? Are you kidding ? I really hate it! For me there's no internet without Firefox. So I turned
You should do the same to avoid crashing. Good luck!