Keep getting "Plugin Finding Service Error" when I try to check & update plugins so I can't even check them to update them. Why?
Every time I try to check on plugins so that I can update them etc, they start to load and then I get a message "Plugin Finding Service Error" We've encountered an error. Please try your request again later. The result is that I can't even check them to update them.
This evening I tried to check on plugins. They all loaded up & showed me the status of the updates, etc. Thanks for trying to help me out. Really don't know what caused my problem but it works now.Read this answer in context 2
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.1 r102
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_30 for Mozilla browsers
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- Google Update
- McAfee MSC FF plugin DLL
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.1
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.0
- Picasa plugin
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Npdsplay dll
- Rhapsody Player Engine Plugin
- Yahoo! activeX Plug-in Bridge
- Allows browsing on RealArcade sites with Mozilla browsers.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:9.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/9.0.1
Have you tried this link? --> https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/plugincheck/
If this reply solves your problem, please click "Solved It" next to this reply when signed-in to the forum.
This evening I tried to check on plugins. They all loaded up & showed me the status of the updates, etc. Thanks for trying to help me out. Really don't know what caused my problem but it works now.
I don't have any addon such as no script or anything else but now also plugins are not getting updated.
The error is probably due to the fact I am on a very slowww dial-up connection. There is nothing I can do about that. Mozilla updates are too big for me to download on dial-up. So am I now no longer able to access the Internet without a bunch of nuisance update requests? NO affordable high-speed Internet service is available where I live.
Any number of times. Still get the same error message. Getting time-outs as well.
Can anyone walk me through how to do this? I was not able to figure out how to fix this in the Firefox preferences menu. Do I need to look in a different place?
Sorry to seem like a dum-dum, but I am having this same problem (tried the link offered and it also reverts to the "Retry" screen which doesn't work when I click on the "Retry" button), and am at a loss at how to fix it.
I have a brand new iMac (as of May 2012) and was surprised to find that I could not update an older Shockwave plug-in (which I have disabled until I can find a way to update).
Many thanks in advance.