My home page will not stay the way I want eventhough I have changed it the way it says about 20 times. It will keep going back to a search page.
My home page will not stay as my home page. As soon as I close out and open firefox again it goes back to a search page like google, but its not google. Its been happening for about 5 days now and its really frustrating.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
I upgraded to the new firefox.
- Facebook Video Calling Plugin
- Shockwave Flash 11.0 r1
- Google Update
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- BlackBerry WebSL Browser Plug-In
- DivX Web Player version 18.104.22.1685
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_24 for Mozilla browsers
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- The Hulu Desktop Plugin allows Hulu.com to integrate with the Hulu Desktop application.
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:8.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/8.0
You will have to change the Home Page to the page your want to display. In order to do so, follow the steps below:
- Go to Options (i.e. \Firefox\Options\Options);
- Go to the General tab;
- Under Start-up - enter the URL in the Home Page URL box.
Also, make sure that you have chosen "Show my Home Page" under "When Firefox Starts" (use the drop down arrow).
Hope this helps!
That worked, thank you!
I have gone through all of the above steps many times, ensuring that I have done everything correctly, but still my homepage will not return to the one I have selected. When reopening, a new firefox session, it repeatedly reverts to a search page!
It has only started doing this quite recently, and I can't recall an event, or any changes that might be causing it to make this happen. it is a most irritating and annoying happening, please can anyone suggest a fix?
I seem to be having the same problem at jojofrg. my homepage constantly keeps changing to this search engine, babylon, that I have never used or heard of before today. My husband was having problems with the computer last night, he tried to open widows media player and incredimail and possibly some other junk automatically downloaded. Now no matter how many times I do the things mentioned above the home page still switches back to that stupid search engine every few minutes!
Hi jojofrg and jshergold, you guys may have some malware on your computer. Refer to this help article on How to Deal with Malware?. Hope this helps.