Gmail does not recognize my username and/or password in Firefox while Internet Explorer and Outlook grant access w/o a problem.
When attempting to access Gmail via Firefox, I am denied because of "username and/or password not recognized". However, I am able to access with the same log-in information for Gmail through Internet Explorer and my Outlook program.
If I change Gmail password while in Firefox, I can get into my Gmail account only temporarily. Once I close out of Gmail or Firefox, the password issue arises again if I try to access Gmail through Firefox.
Additional System Details
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- Picasa plugin.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Java Plug-In 2 for NPAPI Browsers
- Shockwave Flash 11.1 r102
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20111103 Firefox/3.6.24
Clear the cache and the cookies from sites that cause problems.
"Clear the Cache":
- Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Offline Storage (Cache): "Clear Now"
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
- Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"