I have lost almost all my favicons/pictures? on my bookmarks both on the tool bar and bookmark folder. This happened after the upgrade this morning. Just square empty box appears. How do I get this pics/favicons back?
I upgraded to version 8 this morning. No I have no favicons or pictures not sure technically what they are ---on most if not all my bookmarks both on the tool bar and in Bookmark folder. Instead I have a square empty box. How do I get these pics back?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.0 r1
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_29 for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 8.3.1
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 184.108.40.206
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Picasa plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- BlackBerry WebSL Browser Plug-In
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 220.127.116.11
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Npdsplay dll
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:8.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/8.0
You can use this extension.
Thanks, but it did nothing. Little empty boxes are all still there. Some favicons remained but most did not...... Is there a way to back out of Version 8 ?
Try to load each bookmarked page. If the website has favicon, then bookmarked page will automatically load favicon on it otherwise not. That square image is the default image for missing favicon.
Clear cache and revisit one of the sites you have stored in your bookmarks, does the favicon re-appear? Sometimes it can take a while.
Yes, that works.