How do I move the tabs back to the bottom of the browser window?
I have just upgraded from FF 3.6 to FF 8. On 3.6, I had the tabs at the bottom of the browser window. On FF 8 the tabs are at the top. Unchecking the Tabs on Top option in the View, Toolbars menu still leaves them at the top of the screen.
How can I change the tab location back to the bottom of the window where it used to be?
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 11.0 r1
- Unity Player 3.4.1f5
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.5"
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_22 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 18.104.22.168
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:8.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/8.0
See item #3 in the following:
You can make Firefox 8.0 look like Firefox 3.6.*, see numbered items 1-10 in the following topic Fix Firefox 4.0 toolbar user interface, problems (Make Firefox 4.0 thru 8.0, look like 3.6). Whether or not you make changes, you should be aware of what has changed and what you have to do to use changed or missing features.
There is a lot more beyond those first 10 steps listed, if you want to make Firefox more functional.
Please mark "Solved" one answer that will best help others with a similar problem -- hope this was it.
Modified by David McRitchie
Thanks for the link. However, I don't see anything about moving the tab strip to the bottom of the window, just adjusting where it shows at the top.
If you had the tab bar at the bottom of the browser window then that feature had been provided by an extension that may have stopped working in Firefox 8.
You're probably right. I was using the Tabbrowser Preferences add-on, but it's incompatible with FF 8. That may be what let me reposition the tab bar.