I am unable to upgrade to Firefox 4. I have upgraded my operating system .
Although I have upgraded the operating system on my iBookG4 to Mac OS X 10.5.8, I am still unable to download the latest upgrade to Firefox 4. I currently am receiving security warnings on websites that I often visit. I have been told to switch to Safari, I prefer not to. Please advise.
Additional System Details
This started when...
started when I tried to upgrade to the Firefox 4, about 10 days ago.
- Gecko default plugin
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r85
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- Macromedia Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 10.1.1
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20100202 Firefox/3.5.8
I upgraded my operating system when I saw the need on the instruction page.... it made no difference.