Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Archived

Version 3.6.23 has disabled the Minimize/Maximize green "button" function of OSX 10.5.8 how do I return to 3.6.22?

rhnesso

I do not like to use the full screen display feature while operating at Google addressed web sites. With Version 3.6.22 I could always switch from Full screen(maximize) to the reduced size screen ((Minimize) by selecting the green object at the top of the Firefox screen , version 3.6.22 did not have this problem. If I switch to Apple's Safari browser and Google I do not have this problem. Should I uninstall Firefox or can I return to the earlier version of Firefox?

I do not like to use the full screen display feature while operating at Google addressed web sites. With Version 3.6.22 I could always switch from Full screen(maximize) to the reduced size screen ((Minimize) by selecting the green object at the top of the Firefox screen , version 3.6.22 did not have this problem. If I switch to Apple's Safari browser and Google I do not have this problem. Should I uninstall Firefox or can I return to the earlier version of Firefox?

All Replies (1)

Hi rhnesso- I'm not completely sure I understand your question, but I'll take a shot. When you mention the green button, I'm think of the red/yellow/green buttons that are used to maximize/minimize a browser window. In Firefox 3.6.23 and above the same buttons exist on the top of the browser, but display as 'x' '-' '+', but without colors. The '+' button will make the browser expand to full size and contract to a smaller size by clicking on it multiple times.

Firefox 3.6.23 is the oldest supported version of Firefox. I would recommend updating to the latest Firefox version here:

http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

Hope that helps!