Why does Firefox suck so bad now??? Been using for years, new version is simply junk!!!
Firefox its self crashes! Firefox crashes my computer! My add-ons enable and disable when I restart computer! Firefox freezes! Firefox has a lot of problems with flash! Its like the worst browser out there now! Someone is really screwing things up and I am really pissed!!! Absolute garbage!!!
Additional System Details
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_29 for Mozilla browsers
- Shockwave Flash 11.0 r1
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.1
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Picasa plugin
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:7.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/7.0.1
1) Please provide a crash id -> https://developer.mozilla.org/en/How_to_get_a_stacktrace_for_a_bug_report
2) Firefox can NOT crash a computer - usermode applications can NOT crash Windows - a bad driver can (i.e. graphics driver)
3) What is your problem with Flash? What version of flash player do you have installed? http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/
"You catch more flies with honey than vinegar."
Ever since Firefox 4 it crashes constantly, it lags and locks up. if I open 2 FF windows they will both lock up for up to 2 or 3 minutes, if not longer, at which point I have to force close it from task manager and restart it. Opening google maps locks it up takes several minutes to load EVERY time(on a 25 mbs connection!! Internet explorer 9, chrome and FF3.6 manage it in just seconds) The google search to find out "why firefux sucks," which brought me here took a minute and a half! This happens regardless of whether addons are active. I have been refusing to update to the current version (12) and stuck with firefox 3.6 until yesterday. I finally gave in and updated- HUGE mistake. As soon as I updated, all of the issues started again just like 4.
Same here since V12 came out. And much worse besides - No images at all on sites that use https:// such as Amazon and PayPal - and have to add an "exception" to every site I visit as with v12 all certificate ISSUERS are now "untrusted"..
I loved Firefox up until now - but to get online normally I have now had to un-install Firefox completely and move to Google Chrome
such a shame
harry, you might want to try to run firefox with a new profile
I'm locking this thread as it's quite old. Try starting your own if you still need help :)