firefox does not close/exit and must be shut down using task manager
When I "x" out of Firefox, or File menu "exit" or right click to "close," the Firefox window closes but whenever I attempt to restart Firefox, it says that it is already running (hence was never shut down) and I have to use Task Manager to "end process" before re-starting Firefox again. This dilemma only started after upgrading about 6 months ago (can't remember the version). I recently upgraded again but the problem still exists.
Additional System Details
A few times a week
This started when...
I upgraded to Firefox 5 (I think!)
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_29 for Mozilla browsers
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.2"
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:7.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/7.0.1
Did you check out Firefox hangs or is not responding - How to fix yet?
Not yet. I'll check it out. Thanks.
How did it go?
Did not address my issue. Firefox isn't freezing while it's up and running, it just doesn't completely shut down... therefore it's always running behind the scenes.