Can someone in the development group, please, check and see how this video of Italian news plays (NOT) with Firefox (any version) and moonlight-18.104.22.168-i586
I'm on Ubuntu 10.04 32b and the video does not come out at all. Just random garbage (the sound is good, though).
Things are even worse with moonlight-2.4.1-i586.xpi. After installing it,that video does not even start and claims that there is no Silverlight installed.
But, the exact same video pays perfectly with moonlight on Google Chrome (same computer).
Modified by mamboknave
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.0 r1
- The Adobe Reader plugin is used to enable viewing of PDF and FDF files from within the browser.
- This plug-in detects the presence of iTunes when opening iTunes Store URLs in a web page with Firefox.
- The Totem 2.30.2 plugin handles video and audio streams.
- DivX Web Player version 22.214.171.124
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; rv:7.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/7.0.1
Works fine here on Linux with the Silverlight 4.0.51204.0 plugin as installed by Moonlight (novell-moonlight-126.96.36.199-i586_9.xpi), so make sure that you install the latest version.
Thank You for trying and answering. Very appreciated!
On that video, did you go a bit further, pass the initial commercial ? The initial commercial lasts ~10 sec and plays very well. No problem. (I believe it uses Adobe Flash). The news, just after the commercial, come out as garbage (screenshot enclosed).
Again, I'm with - moonlight-188.8.131.52-i586_9 - Firefox 7.0 - Ubuntu 10.04 32bit, kernel 2.6.32-34-generic
By the way, on a different PC wit the same configuration BUT 64bit Ubuntu 10.04, everything works just fine.