Is there a way to disable scrolling with the arrow keys on the keyboard?
Is there a way to disable scrolling with the arrow keys? It is impossible to play online games where you need to use the up/down arrow keys as controls in the game when these keys also make the screen scroll up and down.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_26 for Mozilla browsers
- Autodesk Design Review Firefox Add-on v1.1
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:7.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/7.0.1
on second thought "keyconfig" probably does not control those keys, but if you install the extension sort on shortcuts to make sure.
These games are in a browser (Firefox) ?
do you mean the Page Up and Page Dn keys which may be affected by the Num Lk key if you have overlaid keys. Or the navigation keyboard keys Up/Left/Down/Right either way I don't have an answer
Try "keyconfig" extension by Dorando at his site
- keyconfig 20110522 -- mozillaZine Forums
- Index of /
Modified by David McRitchie
Yes, the games are the Firefox browser.
I can't really withdraw my answer, but I see you already saw it, not sure which keys you mean, maybe someone else can though I don't know names to distinguish between the two areas other than two are page up and page dn, and the other four are something else.
If a plugin like Flash is used to show the games then that plugin should handle all key presses once that plugin has focus and the cursor keys shouldn't scroll the page. So make sure that you click with the mouse in that game to give it focus.