drag tab to bookmark menu
For some reason my Firefox lost ability to drag tab to Bookmarks Toolbar. When I try now it only moves tab to new window.
Is this problem with Firefox in general or some add-on.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- Google Update
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.1
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Default Plug-in
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_24 for Mozilla browsers
- Picasa plugin
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 103
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Npdsplay dll
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Yahoo! activeX Plug-in Bridge
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:8.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/8.0
Try to drag open tab to bookmark menu. It only shows miniature window and opens tab in new window. Use to be able to create bookmark in the spot where was dragged.
Don't drag the tab; as you have found it will tear-off into a new window. The tear-off tab has been a feature in Firefox for several versions now.
Instead, drag the Site Identity Button (the colored icon at the left end of the Location/URL/Address bar) to the Bookmarks Toolbar.
Other information about the Site Identity Button:
If this reply solves your problem, please click "Solved It" next to this reply when signed-in to the forum.
Not related to your question, but...
You may need to update some plug-ins. Check your plug-ins and update as necessary:
- Plug-in check: https://www-trunk.stage.mozilla.com/en-US/plugincheck/
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in: Installing (or Updating) the Shockwave plugin with Firefox
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape: Installing/Updating Adobe Reader in Firefox
- Shockwave Flash (Adobe Flash or Flash): Updating Flash in Firefox
- Next Generation Java Plug-in for Mozilla browsers: Installing or Updating Java in Firefox
Modified by SafeBrowser
You need to hold down the Ctrl key if you want to drag a tab to the Bookmarks Toolbar to make a copy of that tab.
It would be better if this were at least an option. In version seven you can simply drag the tab to tool bar. In version eight this was changed to be a detached tab.
All dragging of a tab is now real dragging in Firefox 8+. If you want to bookmark a tab then you need to make a copy and that requires to press and hold the Shift key before starting to drag. Otherwise you get a forbidden icon and the drop fails.