This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
I don't like Firefox 7, how do I revert to the previous version? System restore doesn't work.
With Firefox 7 my computer is slower to boot up and shut down. When typing the website I want in the address bar the old firefox took me straight to the site now it takes me to Google. I'd like to revert to the previous version of Firefox. I have tried using system restore but it doesn't work. I'm using windows XP. Can anyone help?
All Replies (1)
Starting with the release of Firefox 7, the previous versions of Firefox (4.0.x, 5.0.x and 6.0.x) are no longer maintained with Security and Stability updates. Firefox 3.6 is the last previous Firefox version that is still being maintained.
Firefox versions 4.0.x 5.0.x 6.0.x contain Security vulnerabilities that are known and could be exploited by some websites to gain unauthorized access to information or to disrupt critical processing. Only the Latest version 7.0.1 and an Older version 3.6.23 of Firefox are secure against these known vulnerabilities.
Threats safeguarded in Firefox 7:
-> Clear Cookies & Cache
-> Is my Firefox problem a result of MALWARE ??
- Popups Not Blocked - http://kb.mozillazine.org/Popups_not_blocked
-> Do a MALWARE check with these Malware Scanning programs. You need to scan with all programs because each program detects different malware. Make sure that you UPDATE each program to get the latest version of their Databases before doing a Scan. Also, Close All other Applications (softwares) before Starting to Run Scans.
- Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware - http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php
- SuperAntispyware - http://www.superantispyware.com/
- Windows Defender Home Page - http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/defender/default.mspx
- Spybot Search & Destroy - http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html
- Ad-Aware Free Internet Security - http://www.lavasoft.com/products/ad_aware_free.php
Check and tell if its working.
Modified by Hasan