Why do I get error message "Prop Bitmap DLL not loaded" when I try to print Adobe documents?
When trying to print either images or text from Adobe format I receive the above error when using Mozilla firefox as my browser. i f I use Internet Explorer as browser I do not have any problems printing from Adobe.
Additional System Details
Not sure how often
This started when...
Believe it started when I had to update my Adobe while I was applying online for a student loan back in August.
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.5"
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r181
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Virtual Earth 3D 4.00090316005 plugin for Mozilla
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- Java(TM) Platform SE binary
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_18 for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:6.0.2) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/6.0.2
I recently updated to Firefox 9 and every time I try to print something in draft form from an email (like a confirmation of an order I placed on a website) I get the Prop Bitmap DLL Not Loaded message. I never got that message with the 3.6 version of Firefox so it is very annoying and starting to irritate me. I print most of my things in draft form to save using up the ink in the cartridge. I have a Dell 924 printer. I uninstalled the printer and then reinstalled it but that didn't help the problem. I'm not computer savvy so I don't know how to fix the problem.
We've seen such errors before with Lexmark printers and the solution was to copy the printer DLL file(s) from a sub folder (e.g. C:\Windows\System32\Spool\Drivers\W32X86\3) to the main System32 folder.