How can I restrict access to social network sites?
We received a win.35 blaster worm in our system we use for work. Firefox is our browser and thunderbird is our email. The tech who fixed our system , hundreds of dollars later, believes the cause is from someone accessing a social network site such as facebook, etc. I want to be able to change a setting that will not allow access. How to do this.
Additional System Details
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.5"
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_24 for Mozilla browsers
- Motive Plugin for Mozilla Browsers
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:6.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/6.0.1
Remember that it is an extension and staring in Safe mode or disabling that extension in Tools > Add-ons > Extensions and restarting Firefox is sufficient to bypass that block.
Best would be to block such sites in a firewall or proxy.
Modified by cor-el