How do I make the scroll bar wider? It is way too narrow.
Upgrading from V. 3.5 has been good, except that the design of the scroll bar, while perhaps fashionable, makes the bar harder to hit with the mouse. Searching Help for "scroll" or "Scroll bar" produced nothing relevant.
Additional System Details
- Picasa plugin.
- RealPlayer Plugin
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Java Plug-In 2 for NPAPI Browsers
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:6.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/6.0.1
Widening all the scroll bars in my Windows theme worked fine for me. Previously, my Firefox scroll bar was as thin as the window border, making them easy to confuse. I'm perfectly happy applying a global setting to make all scrollers wider. Maybe there's something similar on the Mac you can adjust?
Modified by bweissman
Thanks for taking a shot at this. Unfortunately, I don't know how to modify the theme. I have Stylish installed, but haven't used it yet. I had looked in its available features for scroll bars, but didn't find any.