When I click on a link within a Web page, Firefox just spins until I reload the new page.
When I enter a new URL or select a bookmark, Firefox loads the page promptly. When I click on a link within that page to go to another page, the Firefox tab green spinner often just spins and spins. It either takes a very long time to load (2 or more minutes), or never finishes loading. It's usually a greater problem when I "Open a link in a new tab". I can usually make the new page appear by reloading, either clicking the red X and the circular arrow, or Ctrl-F5, etc.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
I installed a newer version of FF 3.x , some time ago.
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 18.104.22.168
- Mozilla ActiveX control and plugin module
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.0
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- McAfee MSC FF plugin DLL
- Virtual Earth 3D 4.00090316005 plugin for Mozilla
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Motive Plugin for Mozilla Browsers
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:6.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/6.0
The problem continued through v.5 and now, v.6.0.
Try the Firefox SafeMode to see how it works there.
A troubleshooting mode, which disables most Add-ons.
(If you're not using it, switch to the Default Theme.)
- You can open the Firefox 4/5/6/7 SafeMode by holding the Shft key when you use the Firefox desktop or Start menu shortcut.
- Or use the Help menu item, click on Restart with Add-ons Disabled... while Firefox is running.
Don't select anything right now, just use "Continue in SafeMode."
To exit the Firefox Safe Mode, just close Firefox and wait a few seconds before using the Firefox shortcut (without the Shft key) to open it again.
If it is good in the Firefox SafeMode, your problem is probably caused by an extension, and you need to figure out which one.