screen resolution needs to be 1024x600pixels. can't make adjustment.
this problem is affecting only my yahoo email. everything is 'way too big for the screen. the 'alert' tells me to rt click on windows on desktop, then choose 'properties'. in the display I'm told to click the 'settings' tab in the dialog box. then, set screen resolution to 1024 x 600 pixels or higher. this is totally confusing to me, since i can't even find the 'windows desktop' location for me first step! very frustrating!!! where do i start?
Additional System Details
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.5"
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r153
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_26 for Mozilla browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- Google Update
- Yahoo! activeX Plug-in Bridge
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:5.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/5.0
This is Firefox Support. Please contact your computer manufacturer for assistance or Yahoo.
- click the Start button (lower left on the Windows taskbar),
- click Settings,
- click Display, a new window will open,
- click the Settings tab,
- use the slider to adjust the screen resolution.
If this reply solves your problem, please click "Solved It" next to this reply when signed-in to the forum.
Not related to your question, but...
You need to update some plug-ins:
- Plug-in check: https://www-trunk.stage.mozilla.com/en-US/plugincheck/
- Shockwave Flash (Adobe Flash or Flash): Updating Flash in Firefox
WHERE is the 'windows task bar'??
Do you see a "Start" button in the lower left you your screen? If so, that whole strip across the bottom is the Windows Taskbar.
Depending upon your keyboard layout, you can open the Start menu with the left Windows key - which is usually located between the Ctrl key and the Alt key at the lower-left corner of the keyboard. And some keyboards have two Windows keys which open the Start menu.
Don't know if that is going to help, or will further confuse the Owner of this thread.
Thanks for your 'helpful hints'... I have managed to get the screen which displays the resolution settings, and the bar with which to change that setting. But, nothing seems to improve the problem. I have a reasonable-cost young man who is a whiz @ everything computer -- I think it might be best to have him come over, 'diagnose & treat', and walk me through this.
Modified by pjarvis
Is your current screen resolution higher or lower than 1024x600?
Reset the page zoom on pages that cause problems: View > Zoom > Reset (Ctrl+0 (zero); Cmd+0 on Mac)
This issue can also be caused by the Babylon Toolbar extension.
Start Firefox in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox (Tools) > Add-ons > Appearance/Themes).
- Don't make any changes on the Safe mode start window.
Modified by cor-el
Mine problem was similar. Pls use Ctrl + or Ctrl - to zoom in and out.Your problem will be solved.