firefox can access all websites except for one website.
I had started going to this one site about a week ago, had no problems getting to it or anything, but after about two or three days of easy access of this site suddenly firefox, and other browsers on my computer, will not allow me to access this particular site. I thought perhaps it was my connection yet I can easily access any other sites as long as it isn't this one. I tried to reset my laptop, tried checking my security, even tried using other computers I own and none of them allow this site to come up. I have talked to friends and they are able to access the site without difficulty, thus I don't know why I cannot access it. What can I do?
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.5"
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r45
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.6
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_24 for Mozilla browsers
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 126.96.36.199
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- My Web Search Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- Google Update
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20100504 BRI/1 Firefox/3.5.10 GTB7.1
firefox and other browsers can not access one website:
Possibly it is blocked by your hosts file. There are some anti-spyware programs that add entries to to your hosts file. It could be a Firewall, but I think you get a message from a Firewall.
Your hosts file would be located at:
A starter hosts file for many people is the one at
and the content of the file can be seen at
I think for better help it would require more information like the url. From what you have mentioned so far it does not sound like a Firefox problem. But other problems certainly do affect Firefox users.
Another possibility is that the site is blocked by your browsers from a list maintained at Google and updated within browsers once or twice a day, but you got updated ahead of your friends.