Back/Forward Gestures do not work in Mac OS X Lion
Safari uses one-finger gestures with lion to support back/forward browser buttons Need firefox upgrade to do the same, because mission control intercepts the previous gestures.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
With the OSX Lion Release
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 105
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r159
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_25 for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:5.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/5.0
This is probably the wrong place to ask for changes and feature requests.
A small little workaround to achieving something SIMILAR to Safari's natural back/forward gestures in Firefox is to switch two values: browser.gesture.swipe.left and browser.gesture.swipe.right
For browser.gesture.swipe.left, change its value to Browser:ForwardOrForwardDuplicate
For browser.gesture.swipe.right, change its value to Browser:BackOrBackDuplicate
Now when you swipe like you do in Safari to go back/forward to whatever page you want to view, you will do the same in Firefox just without the cool GUI implemented by Safari.
I just downloaded Firefox Beta 9.0b5 and this issue is fixed. I can navigate with my Magic Mouse with only one finger swipe. I'm so glad that this issue is finally fixed. :)
Here is the workaround I'm using, switch to Chrome which has had this feature within a couple weeks of Lion being released. Why would you stick with this memory hog with the never ending appetite for RAM?
Using Chrome is not a solution for Firefox. I use firefox for many of its features, especially the bookmark keywords you can make. Also its widely compatible with many web sites including financial institutions. I use two finger swipes to go back and forward on web pages, which perfectly works fine with firefox.