Where are cookies stored via Firefox on my harddrive?
I can see how to remove a cookie, or remove all cookies, but I can't see how to VIEW these cookies in their notepad form via my local computer C Drive.
So that I can delete all but the ones I want to delete, or in fact view the contents of the cookie itself.
So where are they actually stored. I need someone to direct me via C:.... where you navigate to view them please.
Additional System Details
A few times a week
This started when...
Today - just thought about it
- LogMeIn, Inc. Remote Access Components
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Winamp Application Detector
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.5"
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r181
- Picasa plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_26 for Mozilla browsers
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 22.214.171.124
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- AppWorld NPAPI plugin
- BlackBerry WebSL Browser Plug-In
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:5.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/5.0
-> go to Tools Menu -> Options -> Privacy -> History section -> Firefox will: select "Use Custom Settings for History" -> REMOVE Checkmark from "Permanent Private Browsing mode" -> place CHECKMARKS on:
1) Remember my Browsing History
2) Remember Download History
3) Remember Search History
4) Accept Cookies from sites -> select Exceptions... button -> Click "Remove All Sites" at the bottom of "Exception - Cookies" window
4a) Accept Third-party Cookies -> under "Keep Until" select "They Expire"-> click Show Cookies button -> select the Cookies you want to Delete and click Remove Cookies -> click Close button
-> REMOVE CHECKMARK from CLEAR HISTORY WHEN FIREFOX CLOSES
-> When using the Location Bar, suggest: select "History and Bookmarks"
-> Click OK on Options window
Modified by Hasan
Where is that text on my tab please?
On the Screenshot click show individual cookies blue link
-> select the Cookies you want to Delete and click Remove Cookies -> click Close
Modified by Hasan
Thank you. I can now see how to change the settings, but no where in your explanation does it explain where on the C Drive does it store them. It shows only the list on Firefox itself.
I want to see the physical Cookie files.
Open your profile folder:
-> At the top of the Firefox window, click on the Firefox menu, go over to the Help menu and select Troubleshooting Information. The Troubleshooting Information tab will open.
-> Under the Application Basics section, click on Open Containing Folder. A window with your profile files will open.
At the top of the Firefox window, click on the Firefox button (File menu in Windows XP) and then click Exit.
-> cookies.sqlite file
I've opened it, but it's an absolute jumble of crap and "NUL"s, with some queries and nothing I can make any sense of.
I'd like to see either a load of Cookie files (like I think IE does), or a list that is comprehensible, so that I can select a load of cookies and delete.
If this is how Firefox does it - man they make it utterly impossible!