I have windows 7 starter on my netbook and the latest version of Firefox seems to not do well. Ho do I get back to Firefox 4? Or is there another version/customizations that is better?
The latest version of Firefox tends to not agree with my windows 7 starter netbook. I get a lot of hangups and crashes. I would like to download Firefox 4 again but can't seem to find it on your site in order to download it. Do you have any other suggestions that would be a good fit for windows 7 starter? Also, I keep getting messages saying that Firefox is causing high CPU and memory usage on my netbook.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
I downloaded Firefox 5
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.2"
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_24 for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:5.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/5.0
Due to security vulnerabilities, rolling back to Firefox 4.0.1 is not recommended. Version 3.6.18 would be a safer choice.
Here's the process to roll back:
First, I recommend backing up your Firefox settings in case something goes wrong. See Backing up your information. (You can copy your entire Firefox profile folder somewhere outside of the Mozilla folder.)
Next, download and save Firefox 3.6 to your desktop for future installation. http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/all-older
Close Firefox 5.
You could install Firefox 3.6 over it (many have reported success) or you could uninstall Firefox first. If you uninstall, do not remove your personal data and settings, just the program.
Unless you have installed an incompatible add-on, Firefox 3.6 should pick up where you left off. If there are serious issues, please post back with details.
Note: If you don't have Firefox ask you before updating, you may need to set that to prevent an automatic update back to Firefox 5. Tools > Options > Advanced, Update mini-tab
Modified by jscher2000