Embedded Youtube videos show a black screen reading "Error Occurred, Please try again later."
Hello - Running Firefox 5.0, however, Youtube problem has persisted with all previous versions. MacBookPro4,1 OS 10.5.8, Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo. Youtube videos play only on their native home page. Embedded Youtube videos on any site never play. When "PLAY" is clicked on embedded videos, I get a black screen with the message: "Error Occurred. Please try again later." This has been going on for at least 2 years. Any help is appreciated, thanks!
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
- Picasa plugin.
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- DivX Content Upload Plug-In: Uploads DivX video in your browser!
- DivX Browser Plug-In: Plays DivX video in your browser!
- NPVeohVersion plugin
- Unity Web Player lets you experience dazzling interactive 3D right in your browser. For more information, visit Unity .
- Allows webpages to support pressure-sensitive drawing on Wacom pen tablets.
- Java Plug-In 2 for NPAPI Browsers
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Version 220.127.116.1187
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.5
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r181
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; rv:5.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/5.0
Clear the cache and the cookies from sites that cause problems.
"Clear the Cache":
- Firefox > Preferences > Advanced > Network > Offline Storage (Cache): "Clear Now"
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
- Firefox > Preferences > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
Running ff 3.6.and had the same problem with youtube videos, both embedded and on youtube.com not playing.
Solved it by blocking all cookies on youtube.com.
I m having the same problem .I use window7 ultimate with firefox 6.0
Removing the certain cookies worked for me on 3.6.19
running firefox 5.0.1 and it says I am up to date in the about dialog. this issue seems to have just started yesterday after I had to restore windows from a backup ghost image. I fully patched from microsoft and then the problem cropped up on facebook embedded videos and when I try to go to youtube.com I get a 500 internal server error message with a large block of text after the message. I tried clearing the cache and deleting some of the cookies, but the problem still persists. Youtube embedding and the website works in Internet Explorer 8 but I prefer to use Firefox for most everything I do on the web.