I cannot open my Xfinity Comcast email with Mozilla Firefox 5.0. How do I fix it?
Comcast changed everything to Xfinity Comcast and now I cannot open my email messages with Mozilla Firefox 5.0. I can open emails with Explorer but not Mozilla Firefox. How do I fix it to open emails with Mozilla Firefox. Comcast said to contact Mozilla Firefox because emails open with Explorer so not a Comcast issue.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.5"
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r181
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Java(TM) Platform SE binary
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_14 for Mozilla browsers
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:5.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/5.0
I talked to Comcast today who told me that Comcast is "working diligently" to correct this problem but their email software is currently not compatible with Firefox 5.0. Told me to use IE! I don't want to use IE because of security issues.
has anybody talked to Firefox? Can they do something about this? I HATE internet explorer and I'm being forced to use it. Any other suggested alternatives?
Xfinity Connect Lite works with Firefox 6.0 and 5.0, the regular "Connect" seems to be the problem. Change to Connect Lite while using IE, and then Firefox should use the "Lite" automatically.
Thanks! That worked! The view is a little weird but I can use my email. Thanks!
I have a desktop PC with WinXP,SP3. How do I get email from Comcast to open in Firefox12? in English
How do you change IE to "Connect light"?