Does the latest update to firefox work with the Norton toolbar? The last update did not so once it was downloaded and installed, I had to uninstall and restore the previous version.
Additional System Details
- Citrix ICA Client Plugin (Win32)
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.5
- Version 22.214.171.124
- Allows browsing on RealArcade sites with Mozilla browsers.
- Mozilla ActiveX control and plugin module
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.4"
- Default Plug-in
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r181
- Google Update
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Picasa plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_26 for Mozilla browsers
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20110420 Firefox/3.6.17 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0E)
Norton has actually tried to get a update patch out for Firefox 5.0 back on Tuesday (versus taking some six weeks) when Firefox 5.0 was released. However I think some say the toolbar may not work if patch was installed before Firefox 5.0 and not after.
Thank you for your help. Unfortunately, that didn't work. I had to uninstall Norton, redownload Norton, reinstall and update Norton to make it work with the new version of FireFox. The whole process took about 2 hours.
Sorry that you had problems with Norton after the Firefox 5.0 update. You should contact them and explain the problems you had with their product and tell them what your expectations of them are as far as future Firefox updates go. From what I have heard, they did make a huge improvement with Firefox 5.0, over the debacle that occurred with 4.0 & 4.0.1 and earlier versions like 3.6 & 3.5. The number of support postings about Norton problems here with 5.0 are very small in comparison to the earlier versions.