How to restore a just closed tab.
In the 3.xx version I could enter a couple of key strokes to restore a tab that had just been closed. Now I can't even get help on this subject. The "help" brings up some 3 hundred plus items that just dance all around the subject. "Progress is our most important product!". [sorry] Let's try this just a little differently. I close a tab that I had been using. Then a few seconds later, oops I wish I hadn't done that! Now how do I reopen that tab? Thanks!
Magic, thanks dmcritchie.Read this answer in context 2
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r181
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 18.104.22.1685
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_26 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.0
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:5.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/5.0
- Ctrl+T for new tab
- Ctrl+Shift+T to restore closed tab
- Keyboard shortcuts | How to | Firefox Help
- Firefox and other Browser Keyboard Shortcuts (Comparison Table)
The term to look for is keyboard shortcuts if working with Microsoft application documentation in that order, usually works with other applications as well. Try that with the Firefox help.
Magic, thanks dmcritchie.
It Works! Thank you so very much!
See also (Firefox >) History > Recently Closed Tabs
Press F10 or tap the Alt key to bring up the "Menu Bar" temporarily.
Thanks a lot dmcritchie! I had closed a tab by mistake and I pressed Ctrl+Shift+T and I reopened the tab I wanted! Very helpful!