This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
I just downloaded firefox 5 and now I have no search bar in the top right. How do I get it back?
After restarting the computer when firefox 5 had been downloaded the search bar in the top right is now missing.
All Replies (1)
See if it is on the Customize Toolbar window. If so, while the Customize Toolbar window is open, drag it to the location you want it. To open the Customize Toolbar window, do one of the following:
- click Firefox button > Options > Toolbar Layout
- using the Menu Bar: View > Toolbars > Custonize
- HOLD down the ALT key while pressing the keyboard letters VTC
- right-click on a blank space on a toolbar or at the end of the Tab Bar and choose "Customize".
If "Search" is not on the Customize Toolbar window, click "Restore Default Set" at the bottom of the Customize Toolbar window and look again.
You need to update the following. The Plugin version(s) shown below was/were submitted with your question and is/are out of date. You should update to avoid known security issues with the version(s) you have installed. Click on "More system info..." to the right of your question to see what was included with your question.
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 126.96.36.1990
- Check your plugin versions on either of the following links':
- Note: plugin check page does not have information on all plugin versions
- There are plugin specific testing links available from this page:
- Update Shockwave for Director
- NOTE: this is not the same as Shockwave Flash; this installs the Shockwave Player.
- Use Firefox to download and SAVE the installer to your hard drive from the link in the article below (Desktop is a good place so you can find it).
- When the download is complete, exit Firefox (File > Exit)
- locate and double-click in the installer you just downloaded, let the install complete.
- Restart Firefox and check your plugins again.
- Download link and more information: http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Using+the+Shockwave+plugin+with+Firefox
Modified by Helper7677