what if i want to synchronise firefox on multiple computers ?
Google chrome has a feature, i log in with my google account, i click synchronize and it automaticly synchronizes all of my bookmarks, history, downloads info, themes, plugins and everything else on a new computer running google chrome every time i log in with my google account, they have an option even that if someone knows my google account password, it requires another password to unlock the sync proccess, as a suplimentary protection. Is there a buil it feature or plugin for firefox 5 that could help me do that on other computers, i have a Nokia N78 and it doesn't run firefox on it, i do have however a laptop computer, a desktop computer for home use and severeal PC's at work that I would like to sync them between each other with firefox.
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r181
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 184.108.40.2060
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_25 for Mozilla browsers
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 220.127.116.11
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.0
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:5.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/5.0
no problem, just don't know how to do it, read above pls :)
Please see here: How do I set up Sync on my computer?. Please be advised that it only works for Firefox, not for other browsers; it does support Firefox for Mobile.
I KNOW WHAT IS FIREFOX SYNC AND I KNOW IT WORKS ONLY WITH FIREFOX MOBILE. BUT CAN IT WORK WITH FIREFOX FOR WINDOWS, LIKE FIREFOX 5? I HAVE BOOKMARKS ON 2 DIFFERENT PC'S BOTH RUNNING FIREFOX 5, HOW DO I SYNC THE BOOKMARKS BETWEEN THE TWO COMPUTERS? THAT'S MY QUESTION AND PROBLEM !?!
Modified by Ian van den Vaart
Sync works with both Firefox for Mobile and Firefox for Windows. Please see How do I add a device to Firefox Sync?, you can add a mobile device or a PC.
thank you very much, that solved my problem, thanks again.